2018 – 19 Reflections Theme: “Heroes Around Me”
Local School Coordinators must submit winners to their Regional Reflections Chairs NO LATER THAN November 16, 2018.
Regional Reflections Chairs must submit winning entries (1 per age division/category) to the
State Reflections Chair NO LATER THAN January 18, 2019. Regional Chairs must submit entries by using the online portal.
1. Getting Started
- Register your PTA between July 1, 2018 and February 1, 2019 at PTA.org/Reflections.
- Review Idaho PTA’s Reflections General Information page for forms and additional information
- Take the Reflections eLearning Course for tips on how to host a successful program.
- Use the easy program planning tools located in the Local Leaders Guide
2. Promote Your Program
- Distribute your Entry Form, 18-19 Reflections Official Rules and communicate your school’s deadlines to students, teachers and school staff (note: entries must be submitted to your region chair by November 16th – give yourself enough time to collect and judge entries as well as prepare them for regional submission.)
- Customize this Themed Poster
- Share this Call for Entries Video
- Share this Call for Entries Social Media Post
3. Organize Artwork for Judging
- Collect and qualify submissions by category and division.
- Provide instructions to your judges using the template in the Local Leaders Guide
- Collect scores, rank submissions and assign awards by category and division.
- Use the Local Leaders Guide to help plan your event.
- Promote your event and celebrate students in local media using templates in the Local Leaders Guide.
- Learn more about state and national awards for students and PTAs.
5. Wrap Up and Report Program Success
- Thank school staff, community partners, judges and volunteers using templates in the Local Leaders Guide
- Complete an short online survey to report your success (Coming soon!)
Questions? Contact your state PTA for state program instructions, deadlines and award announcements.
Proud Sponsor of National PTA’s Reflections Program
Questions? Contact the following Reflections chairs:
Region 1: Heidi Reasor email@example.com
Region 2: Leah Bonstead firstname.lastname@example.org
Region 3: Stephanie Glancey email@example.com
Region 4: Stephanie Glancey firstname.lastname@example.org
Region 5: Mary-Kae Ryner email@example.com
Region 6: Mary-Kae Ryner firstname.lastname@example.org
Region 7: Mary-Kae Ryner email@example.com
Region 8: Jennifer Prudhomme firstname.lastname@example.org
Region 9: Stephen Rudy email@example.com
State: Mary-Kae Ryner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local PTA Leader’s Guide
- PTA Leader Online Instructions (.pdf)
- Local PTA Participation Form (Council, District, Region)
- PTA Leader Checklist
- Volunteer Sign-Up Sheet
- Tips for Program Promotion
- Themed Poster (.pdf, fillable .pdf) & Themed Image (.jpg,.png)
- Flyer for PTA & School Leaders (En Espanol, 2-Sided)
- Judging Guidelines (.pdf) & Score Card
- Reflections Celebration Guide
- Media Advisory & Press Release
- National Awards
- Student Certificate
- Thank-you Letter for Volunteers
- Program Evaluation
- Reflections 101 e-Learning on demand
- Reflections 101 Template Workshop