2017 – 18 Reflections Theme: “Within Reach”
Local School Coordinators must submit winners to their Regional Reflections Chairs NO LATER THAN December 15, 2017.
* Some Chairs may have earlier deadlines, please be sure to check with your
Regional Reflections Chair (see list below) for Due Dates and Important Info!*
Regional Reflections Chairs must submit winning entries (1 per age division/category) to the
State Reflections Chair NO LATER THAN January 30, 2018. Regional Chairs must submit entries by using the online portal.
1. Getting Started
- Register your PTA between July 1, 2017 and February 1, 2018 at PTA.org/Reflections.
- Review Idaho PTA’s Reflections General Information page for forms and additional information
- Take the Reflections eLearning Course for tips on how to host a successful program.
- Use these easy program planning tools:
- Customize this Themed Poster (En español) or have fun creating your own using these image files below.
- Distribute your Entry Form, 17-18 Reflections Official Rules and communicate your school’s deadlines to students, teachers and school staff (note: entries must be submitted to your region chair by December 15th – give yourself enough time to collect and judge entries as well as prepare them for regional submission. We recommend making your school deadline for submissions prior to Thanksgiving break.)
3. Organize Artwork for Judging
- Collect and qualify submissions by category and division.
- Provide instructions to your judges using this template Reviewer’s Packet.
- Collect scores, rank submissions and assign awards by category and division.
- Use the Reflections celebration guide to help plan your event.
- Promote your event and celebrate students in local media using this media advisory and press release.
- Learn more about state and national awards for students and PTAs.
5. Wrap Up and Report Program Success
- Thank school staff, community partners, judges and volunteers using this Thank-you Letter for Volunteers.
- Complete an short online survey to report your success (Coming soon!)
Questions? Contact your state PTA for state program instructions, deadlines and award announcements.
Proud Sponsors of National PTA’s Reflections Program
Questions? Contact the following Reflections chairs:
Region 1: Heidi Reasor email@example.com
Region 2: Alexis Morgan firstname.lastname@example.org
Region 3: Stephanie Glancey email@example.com
Region 4: Stephanie Glancey firstname.lastname@example.org
Region 5: Mary-Kae Ryner email@example.com
Region 6: Mary-Kae Ryner firstname.lastname@example.org
Region 7: Erin McCandless email@example.com
Region 8: Jennifer Prudhomme firstname.lastname@example.org
Region 9: Ophelie Montgomery email@example.com
State: Erin McCandless firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local PTA Leader’s Guide
- PTA Leader Online Instructions (.pdf)
- Local PTA Participation Form (Council, District, Region)
- PTA Leader Checklist
- Volunteer Sign-Up Sheet
- Tips for Program Promotion
- Themed Poster (.pdf, fillable .pdf) & Themed Image (.jpg,.png)
- Flyer for PTA & School Leaders (En Espanol, 2-Sided)
- Judging Guidelines (.pdf) & Score Card
- Reflections Celebration Guide
- Media Advisory & Press Release
- National Awards
- Student Certificate
- Thank-you Letter for Volunteers
- Program Evaluation
- Reflections 101 e-Learning on demand
- Reflections 101 Template Workshop