These helpful manuals explain what nonprofits can and cannot do around elections, ballot measures, town halls, candidate forums and other election activities.
- Permissible Activities Checklist / En Espanol (PDF): An overview of what nonprofits can and cannot do around elections.
- Candidate Appearances / En Espanol (PDF): Provides guidelines on inviting candidates to appear at your events.
- Hosting a Candidate Forum (PDF): An in-depth guide with step-by-step instructions on planning a candidate forum, including what nonprofits can and cannot do.
- Nonprofits and Ballot Measures / En Espanol (PDF): An overview of what actions nonprofits can take around ballot measures.
- Nonprofits, Voting, and Elections (PDF): Explains the actions that nonprofits can take surrounding voter participation and member election education.
Nonprofit VOTE has created a series of webinars to explain the ins and outs of nonprofit election activities.
- Education Questions for Political Candidates (PDF): A set of questions to ask political candidates around education issues.
- PTA Election Guide 101 (PPT): A helpful power point presentation that outlines the basics of nonpartisan voter engagement and how PTAs can effectively promote election activities in their communities.
- Voting In Your State: A state-by-state guide produced by Nonprofit VOTE that provides up to date information from state election officials on state election policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Voter Registration Tool: Register to vote using National PTA’s online voter registration tool.